Why OLO Builders
Why we are Unique
As you work within OLO’s franchise system you will not be running the business out of your truck and swinging the hammer to build homes. Instead, you and a small team will learn The OLO Way™ of home building which allows you to scale a highly efficient and profitable new home construction business.
OLO Builder’s proprietary home building system is based on proven manufacturing principles that are designed for you to be profitable as quickly as possible and for the long haul. One of OLO’s secrets for each franchise’s success is the methodology for managing both margin and cycle time – we call it the OLOeQ.
The heart of OLO Builder’s Franchise business is found in our mission: Enriching people’s lives through building homes The OLO Way™. This, combined with OLO’s exclusive franchise system is the success formula for each franchise owner.
The 3 P’s below are core to The OLO Way™ franchising system.
People – Teams Focus on Client Advocacy
- Team Structure: The system requires the formation of a 5-person team structure with specific required roles that allow for minimal downside risk and maximum upside EBITDA potential for your franchise. This structure eliminates the need for your small team to become bloated with middle management and bureaucracy.
- Intensive Training: Hundreds of hours of individualized training and coaching (knowledge transfer) equips team members to quickly and competently be productive. Coaching and training are ongoing for all teams and team members, including business coaching for franchise owners.
- Teamwork: Team roles are synchronized around OLO’s proprietary “paint-by-the-numbers” project management processes and tools with measures that instill high ownership for results. Running your franchise The OLO Way™ will enable team members to take high levels of ownership for results, and to effectively problem solve.
- Leadership: The system provides leadership tools for establishing clear performance and behavioral standards.
Process – Clients Receive Their Home On Time & On Budget
OLO Builder’s franchise system has a well-defined project management process and powerful “big builder” tools that can allow the franchise to scale and grow – enabling you to build more than just a few homes each year.
- Swim Lane Project Management Process© helps each member of the 5-person team to be proficient for their part of each home being built. Team members synchronously and collaboratively work through each part of the home building process – making it a cutting-edge, effective home building process in the industry.
- Performance Brand Standards includes timelines for achieving critical milestones in the construction process. These standards are highly transparent between your team and the National team – allowing team members to be supported in getting home building done efficiently and profitably – The OLO Way™.
- Even Flow Process© makes it possible for you to eventually build multiple homes at once with a high level of efficiency and in line with proven manufacturing principles. Building homes is a complicated business, and Even Flow will allow your team to manage this complexity, and helps you see your investment come to life!
- Performance Culture standards are often left to chance because leaders are not equipped with tools that impact what their culture is to look like. The truth is that if you get the culture wrong, nothing else that you do well will matter. Part of The OLO Way™ consists of performance and accountability standards, feedback, and a problem-solving methodology ensuring that culture drives operations, not the other way around.
Product – Clients Receive the Quality and Value they Paid For
- Quality and Value: We know that future business depends on how each franchise delivers on quality and value that each client pays for. Having a reputation for building outstanding homes The OLO Way™ is everything in this business.
- Audits: National provides standards during home construction and provides audits that will educate your team around course-correction, and help them become better at executing The OLO Way™. Getting it right will greatly reduce any re-work, or expense of having to do tasks again!
- Likely To Recommend: The franchise system has 4 surveys built into the manufacturing process so that your team can get a read on the levels of client satisfaction. Reputation is everything. At OLO, we do it differently – your team will learn to address concerns proactively, rather than reactively, providing an excellent experience for your valued clients.
- Long Term: The big questions are – would the client recommend OLO at 30 days after closing? Would they recommend OLO at 11 months after closing? Therein lies your reputation, and the system includes a process for checking in, again, proactively.
OLO Builders’ revolutionary franchise model provides owners with the knowledge transfer, business resources, and tools to efficiently build homes profitably and to be a market leader in their territory.
Being in Construction
OLO Franchisees must be passionate about the work of building exceptional homes, managing teams, and generating delighted clients.
Complexity and Risk
OLO Franchisees run their own complex business, and are ultimately in charge of all aspects of their franchise. With our help, their success and return on investment are proportionate to their hard work, business acumen, and leadership effectiveness.
Candidates will show evidence of personal financial integrity and stewardship, proven business leadership and business acumen, and values consistent with OLO Builders’ culture.